The final BOHEALTH event “Innovation for environmental improvement in health centers” was held in Barcelona on 24 May 2016. The event, organized with the collaboration of CLUB EMAS, was attended by CARTIF, the University of Santiago de Compostela (USC) , The Parc Taulí Corporation, the Germans Trias i Pujol Hospital and the Department of Territory and Sustainability of the Generalitat de Catalunya. During the event the following initiatives were presented:
- BOHEALTH project and one of its main results, the tool BOHEALTH.
- EU HCWM project focused on innovative training for health waste management.
- RESSEPE project which involves applying innovative technologies for the modernization of buildings.
- OPERE project that aims at the implementation of efficient management systems in energy networks in complex with large consumption.
- Project to minimize food diets not consumed in the hospital.
In addition, Raquel López, coordinator of the LIFE Smart hospital project, presented the results obtained in the application of best practices and technologies at the University Hospital Río Hortega de Vallaodlid in the energy, water and waste axes to reduce the hospital climatic footprint.